Fr. Dr. Andrews Mekkattukunnel
President Paurastya Vidyapitham
Area of Specialization: Biblical Theology
Mobile: +91 9447112104 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor B A (Philosophy Kerala University 1985)
- BPh (Paurastya Vidyapitham 1985)
- BTh (Paurastya Vidyapitham 1989)
- Licentiate Sacred Scripture (Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome 1997)
- Doctorate Biblical Theology (Gregorian University, Rome 2000)
- Paurastya Vidyapitham, Kottayam, India from May 2001 onwards, New Testament and Greek language
- Malankara Major Seminary, Trivandrum, India (2003)
- Good Shepherd Major Seminary, Kunnoth, India (2006)
- Ruhalaya Theological Seminary, Ujjain, India (2008 onwards)
- Marthoma Vidya Nikethan, Changanacherry, India (2001 onwards)
- Missionary Orientation Centre, Manganam, Kottayam, India (2001 onwards)
- Cana, Institute of Marriage and Family Studies, Thuruthy, India (2000 onwards)
- Danahalya, Punnapra; Alleppey, India (2003 onwards)
- Bethainia Theological institute, Palai, India (2001 onwards)
Pastoral and administrative assignments
- Assistant Parish priest: St Mary’s Lalam, Palai, India (1990)
- Assistant Director, Catechetical Department, Diocese of Palai, India (1991)
- Parish priest: Edappady, Bharanganam, Palai, India (2001)
- Registrar Paurastya Vidyapitham, Kottayam, India(2005 onwards)
- Director, OIRSI Publications, Kottayam, India (2008 onwards)
- President, Paurastya Vidyapitham (10 March 2017-)
- 1. The Priestly Blessing of the Risen Christ (Peter Lang, Frankfurt 2000)
- 2. Vacanathil Ninnu Pravruthiyilekk. Commentary on the Epistle of St James (OIRSI, Kottayam 2003)
- 3. Karthavaruliya Kalpanapol. Holy Qurabana in Chrstian Life (OIRSI, Kottayam 2003)
- 4. Ente Chiakin Keezhil. Themes in the Gospel of Luke (Vadavathoor Seminary, Kottayam 2004)
- 5. Satyamayum Ee Manushyan Deivaputhranayirunnu. Commentary on the Gospel of Mark (St Pauls, Ernakulam 2006)
- 6. Bible vijnanakosam by Matthew Vellanickal, Revised Edition, Executive Editor (OIRSI, Kottayam 2007)
- 7. Deiva Vacanam. Roohayude Symphony (OIRSI, Kottayam 2008)
- 8. Prthyasayude Choondupalakal. Beatitudes Explained (OIRSI Kottayam 2008)
- 9. Paulose Sleeha (OIRSI, Kottayam 2009)
- 10. Lamb of God. Essays in Johannine Theology, Editor (OIRSI, Kottayam 2010)
- 11. Icon (OIRSI, Kottayam 2010)
- 12. Fr. Placid J Podipara, Co-author (Changanacherry 2010)
- 13. Bible Bhashyam, Chief Editor, 2004 onwards
- 14. Christian Orient, Section Editor 2002 onwards.
- 1. St Thomas: Our Father in Faith and Model in Life,” Santhome Mission, Journal of MST 8,2(2001) 5-8.
- 2. “Walking in the Way of the Lord: A Study of the Ethics of Synoptic Gospels,” Jeevadhara 32, 192(2002)499-508.
- 3. “Truth that Liberated,” Vijnanadipthi A Journal of Philosophical Theological Reflection (2002) 111-121.
- 4. “As the Father has Sent Me,” Santhome Mission, Journal of MST 9,3(2002) 5-8.
- 5. “The Word of God in Tradition and Scripture,” Bible Bhashyam 31,4 (2005) 298-316.
- 6. “Liberated to Worship,” Thomas Mannooramparambil (ed.), Theological Dimensions of Christian Orient (Kottayam 2005) 182-186.
- 7. “Love of God in the Gospel of Luke,” Francis Kodiyan (ed.), The Eucharist. An Antidote to Death Culture (Thamarasserry 2007) 165-175.
- 8. “The Biblical Meaning of Blessings,” Urha. The Way. A Journal of Theology 2,1 (2007) 24-37.
- 9. “You are the light of the World: The Concept of Mission in the Gospel according to Matthew,” Aikya Samiksha 3,1 (2006) 45-54.
- 10. “Faith Story in the Syro-Malabar Church,” Kristu Jyothi 23,2-3 (2007) 124-131.
- 11. “The Hermeneutics of the Risen Lord,” Bible Bhashyam 33,3 (2007) 101-102.
- 12. “In Holiness and Honour: Pauline Concept of Husband-Wife Relationship,” Indian Journal of Family Studies 7,1 (2009) 33-39.
- 13. “Paraclete: The Exegete of the Son of God,” Andrews Mekkattukunnel, ed., The Lamb of God: . Essays in Johannine Theology, Editor (OIRSI, Kottayam 2010) 26-274.
Seminars attended (National and International)
- The Word of God in Tradition and Scripture,” Theological Symposium at PVP, Kottayam, India on 17-18,.11. 2005 to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Promulgation of Dei Verbum.
- “The Biblical Meaning of the Blessings,” in the Seminar on Sacraments in the Syro-Malabar Church, LRC, Mount St Thomas, Kakkanad, India on 13-14.06.2006.
- “Plurality of Churches in the Acts of the Apostles,” in IIET Seminar on Challenges of Ecclesial Pluralism Today, SEERI, Kottayam, India on 13-14.07.2006.
- “The Apostolic Spirituality of the Syro-Malabar Church,” in the Seminar on the Spirituality of the Syro-Malabar Church, LRC, Kakkaanad, India on 17.07.2007.
- Participated in the International Congress on “Sacred Scripture in the Life of the Church” held in Rome on September 14-18, 2005 on the Occasion of the 40th Anniversary of the Promulgation of Dei Verbum.
Areas of Interest
- Scriptural studies and Syriac heritage