Fr. Dr. Anto Cheranthuruty
Area of Specialization: Philosophy
Contact : +91 9605266504, email@example.com
EDUCATION SUMMARYPhilosophy Studies in St. Joseph Seminary, Mangalore
Theology studies in Papal Seminary, Pune
Licentiate in Philosophy from Jnana Deepa Vidyapith, Pune, India (2000).
M.Phil in Religious Studies from Madras University, India(2002).
Doctorate in Philosophy from St.Thomas Aquinas University, Rome(2006).
BA from Mysore university in Sociology
PASTORAL AND TEACHING ASSIGNMENT
13 years of teaching experience
Resident Professor in Marymatha Major Seminary, Trichur.
Taught philosophy in Marymatha Major Seminary, Trichur for 10 years.
Taught Indian Philosophy in Mangalapuzha seminary,
Aluva for Seven years as a visiting staff(2006-2013).
Visiting staff in St.Joseph Seminary, Mangalore for two years(2001-2003).
Visiting staff in Jeevalaya Philosophy Institute, Bangalore for three Years(2001-203).
Visiting staff in De Paul Philosophy college, Bangalore from 2007.
Visiting staff in Niveditha, Institute for Theology for sisters From 2007.
Visiting staff in Benedictine seminary, Kappadu, Kerala.
Visiting staff in National University of Hoch Minh City, Vietnam for Three years(2009-2012)
Visiting staff in National University of Hanoi, Vietnam for three Years(2009-2012).
BOOKS1. Interrelating Science and Chrsitianity( Palai: Jeevan Books, 2013)
2. Vidyabhysa Darsanangal (About Education), Palai: Jeevan Books, 2012 (Malayalam).
3. Towards a Biblical Philosophy(2014).
ARTICLES1. “Compassion:Dynamism for Communion” in Passion for Communion(Kochi:Karunikan Publications, 2010).
2. “Love of Wisdom or Wisdom of Love” in Philosophical Education In Indian Seminaries ed., Augustine Thottakkara(Bangalore:Dharmaram Publications, 2003).
3. “Exposing Jama’-at-e’ Islami” in Encounter: A Journal for Inter-Disciplinary Reflections of Faith and Life, Vol.1, No.2(July 2008)
4. Interfacing Islam and Christianity (ed), Encounter, Vol.4, No.2 (July 2013).
5. “The Myth of Pluralism: An Exploration into the Metaphysical Vision of Raimon Panikkar and Whitehead in Tattva: Journal of Philosophy ,Vol. 2, No.2 (Dec 2010).
6. “Understanding Neo-Hinduism: Prospects and Challenges in Living Word: Journal of Philosophy and Theology, Vol.119, No.2(Mar-April 2013).
7. “Sree Sree Ravi Sankar and Art of Living” in Jeevadhara, vol. XXX111, No. 197(October 2003) in Malayalam.
8. “Catholic Church and the Challenges of Media” in Jeevadhara, vol.XXXV111, No. 223 (February 2008), in Malayalam.
9. “Raimon Panikkar’s Vision on God, Man and the World’ in Jeevadhara, vol. XXX1X, No. 229 (February 2009), in Malayalam.
10. “Time in Indian Philosophy” in Jeevadhara, vol. XL1, No. 241 (February 2011), in Malayalam.
PRESENTATION OF PAPERS1. Symposium held in Dharmaram Vidyakshetram on Philosophical Education in Indian Seminaries(2003)
2. Symposium held in Dharmaram Vidyakshetram on Whitehead and his Philosophy(2009).
3. Symposium organized by National University Hoch Minh City Vietnam on New Religious Movements in Asia(2013)