Prof. James Puliurumpil
Head of the Department of Theology
Area of Specialization: Church History
Contact : +91 9447306131, email@example.com
- B.Ph. from St. Joseph’s Pontifical College, Carmelgiri, Aluva (1981).
- B.Th. from St. Joseph’s Pontifical Seminary, Mangalapuzha, Aluva (1985).
- Licentiate in Church History from Gregorian University, Rome (1990)
- Title of the thesis for Licentiate: The Christian Missions among the Syrian ChristiansDoctorate in Church History from Gregorian University, Rome (1994
- Title of Doctoral Dissertation: Jurisdictional Conflict in the Suriani Church of India (1800-1838)
- Assistant Parish Priest – St. Mary’s Church Poonjar (from February 1985 to June 1985)
- Assistant Parish Priest – St. Francis Xavier’s Mannarapara (from June 1985 to October 1985)
- Secretary to H.E. Mar Joseph Pallikaparampila (from October 1985 to May 1985)
- Vice-rector & Procurator, Good Shepherd Minor Seminary Pala (from October 1993 to May 2004)
- Teacher, St. Thomas Apostolic Seminary, Vadavathoor ( from May 2004 – May 2016)
- Professor, St. Thomas Apostolic Seminary, Vadavathoor ( from 10 May 2016 - )
- Indian Church History, General church History, Latin
- A Period of Jurisdictional Conflict in the Suriani Church of India (1800-1838), OIRSI Kottayam (1994)
- History of the Parishes of the Diocese of Palai (Malayalam), Diocesan Curia, Pala (1997)
- History of the Vocations in the Diocese of Pala (Malayalam), Diocesan Curia Pala (2001)
- Pandari seesma (Malayalam), OIRSI Kottayam (2004)
- The Early Christian Settlements of Kerala, OIRSI Kottayam (2008)
- St. Thomas in India, OIRSI Kottayam (2012)
- From Nicea to Vatican, (Mal.), OIRSI Kottayam (2013)
- History of the Syro-Malabar Church, OIRSI Kottayam (2013)
- Arnose Pathiri - A Pioneer Indologist, OIRSI Kottayam (2015)
- Classic India, OIRSI Kottayam (2016)
- St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris in Kerala, in Bosco Puthur (ed.), St. Thomas Christians And Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature, LRC Mt. St. Thomas Kochi, 2003, pp. 202-210.
- The Spread of the Church of the East in the Persian Empire, Theological Dimensions of Christian Orient, vol. XXVI, No. I (2005), 187-191.
- The history of fasting (Malayalam), in Karunikan2 (2005), 29-32.
- Thevarparambil Kunjachan, a Missionary and a Visionary, Indian Church History Review, vol. XXXIX December (2005), 114-118.
- Mass Intentions (Malayalam), in Karunikan5 (2006), 18-21.
- A Malabar Delegation of 1796 to Baghdad, Christian Orient, vol. XXVII, No. I (2006), 12-17.
- The history of holy communion (Malayalam), in Karunikan 4 (2007), 21-24.
- Blessed Kunjachan, A Saviour of the Marginalized, Christian Orient, vol. XXVIII, No. I (2007), 4-14.
- Faith-Experience of the Syro-Malabar Church in Her Life and Practice, in Syro-Malabar Theology in Context, (OIRSI 2007), 144-164.
- The Indian Mission of Pantenuss of 189 A.D., Christian Orient, vol. XXIX, No. I (2008), 3-11.
- The North Indian Mission of Thomas According to the Acts of Thomas , Christian Orient, vol. XXIX, No. I (2009), 3-21
- Ephrem on the Indian Mission of St. Thomas, Christian Orient, vol. XXX, No. I (2010), 5-11.
- History of the Diaconate, Karunikan, June 2011,
- Greek and the Roman Understanding of Ancient India, Christian Orient, vol. XXXII, No.I (2011), 3-19
- Muziris, Locus of Christian Beginnings in India, Christian Orient, Vol. XXXIV, No. 1 (2013), 4-13.
- Kollam, a Christian centre, Christian Orient, Vol. XXXVIII (2014)
- Unto the ends of the Earth (mala.) Deepanalam, July 3, 2013
- Assumption, sign of Freedom (mala.) Deepanalam August 15, 2013
- Arnose Pathiri (mala.) Deepanalam July 2015
- Reunion attempts of Mar Dionysius I, International Seminar held at Kuravilangad on 12 Sept. 2015
- Arnose Pathiri, Pioneer Indologist, paper presented in the Seminar held at LRC on Arnose Pahtiri on 3-4 Nov. 2015
- Arnose Pathiri, apostle of Kerala (mala.) Fortune Voice March 2016
- Arnose Pathiri alias John Ernst Hanxlleden: apostle of Malabar, Christian Orient March 2016