Fr. Dr. James Thalachelloor
Area of Specialization: Canon Law
Mobile: +91 9495686721 Email: email@example.com
- BTh ( St. Joseph's Seminary, Mangalore1979)
- Licentiate in Canon Law (Pontifical Oriental Institute, Rome 1986)
- Doctorate In Canon Law (Pontifical Oriental Institute, Rome 1989)
- Paurastya Vidyapitham, Kottayam, India from May 2006 onwards, Canon Law
- DVK Bangalore
- Missionary Orientation Centre, Manganam, Kottayam, India
- Nirmala Theological College, Kanjirapally
Pastoral and administrative assignments
- Assistant Parish Priest at St. Mary’s Church Anickad in the Diocese of Kanjirapally from April 1980-July 1980
- Secretary to the Bishop of Kanjirapally 1980-1984.
- Chancellor of the Diocese of Kanjirapally 1990-2005.
- Secretary to the Synodal Commission for the formulation the Particular Law of the Syro-Malabar Church, 1990-2004.
- Vicar General of the Diocese of Kanjirapally 2001- June 2005.
- Dean of Studies at St. Thomas Apostolic Seminary, Kottayam from June 2005-2010.
- Defender of Bond at Major Archiepiscopal Tribunal from 2005-2010,
- Judge Major Arhiepiscopoal Tribunal 2010-.
- Vice President, Paurastya Vidyapitham 2011-
- “Religious Institutes, Societies, Secular Institute and Pious Unions”, Homage ot Mr Cariattil (ed.) Charles Payngott (Rome 1987)
- “ The Syro-Malabar Church: undred year’s growth at a glance”, Homage to Mar Cariattil (Rome 1987)
- “Religious among the St. Thomas Christians and the Canonical Legislation on Religious of Oriental Churches”, Christian Orient 13,1 (March 1992)
- “Particular Law of the Syro-Malabar Church”, Syro-Malabar Church Since the Eastern Code (ed.) Francis Eluvathingal (Rome 2002)
- “Ex Officio Membership in the College of Consultors: the Mind of the Legislator” Oriental Canon Law Studies (Bharananganam 2006)
- “Formulation of the Particular laws of the Syro-Malabar Church” Oriental Canon Law Studies (Bharananganam 2007)
- “Evolution of the Present Canonical Legislation on the Formation of Religious Women in the Oriental Churches”, Eastern Legal Thought (ed.) Mathew Kochupurackal (Kochi 2009).
- “Religious among the St. Thomas Christians, Early Evidences” Festschrift in honor of Rev. DDR Jacob Kollaparambil”(ed.)George Karukaparambil (Bangalore 2009) .
- “The Ecclesiological Awakening of Second Vatican Council and its Impact on Syro-Malabar Church” Star from the East (ed) Dr. Thomas Padiyath (Delhi 2013)