Fr. Dr. James Thalachelloor
Area of Specialization: Canon Law
Contact : +91 9495686721, firstname.lastname@example.org
- BTh ( St. Joseph's Seminary, Mangalore1979)
- Licentiate in Canon Law (Pontifical Oriental Institute, Rome 1986)
- Doctorate In Canon Law (Pontifical Oriental Institute, Rome 1989)
- Paurastya Vidyapitham, Kottayam, India from May 2006 onwards, Canon Law
- DVK Bangalore
- Missionary Orientation Centre, Manganam, Kottayam, India
- Nirmala Theological College, Kanjirapally
- Assistant Parish Priest at St. Mary’s Church Anickad in the Diocese of Kanjirapally from April 1980-July 1980
- Secretary to the Bishop of Kanjirapally 1980-1984.
- Chancellor of the Diocese of Kanjirapally 1990-2005.
- Secretary to the Synodal Commission for the formulation the Particular Law of the Syro-Malabar Church, 1990-2004.
- Vicar General of the Diocese of Kanjirapally 2001- June 2005.
- Dean of Studies at St. Thomas Apostolic Seminary, Kottayam from June 2005-2010.
- Defender of Bond at Major Archiepiscopal Tribunal from 2005-2010,
- Judge Major Arhiepiscopoal Tribunal 2010-.
- Vice President, Paurastya Vidyapitham 2011-
1. “Religious Institutes, Societies, Secular Institute and Pious Unions”, Homage ot Mr Cariattil (ed.) Charles Payngott (Rome 1987)
2. “ The Syro-Malabar Church: undred year’s growth at a glance”, Homage to Mar Cariattil (Rome 1987)
3. “Religious among the St. Thomas Christians and the Canonical Legislation on Religious of Oriental Churches”, Christian Orient 13,1 (March 1992)
4. “Particular Law of the Syro-Malabar Church”, Syro-Malabar Church Since the Eastern Code (ed.) Francis Eluvathingal (Rome 2002)
5. “Ex Officio Membership in the College of Consultors: the Mind of the Legislator” Oriental Canon Law Studies (Bharananganam 2006)
6. “Formulation of the Particular laws
of the Syro-Malabar Church” Oriental Canon Law Studies (Bharananganam 2007)
7. “Evolution of the Present Canonical Legislation on the Formation of Religious Women in the Oriental Churches”, Eastern Legal Thought (ed.) Mathew Kochupurackal (Kochi 2009).
8. “Religious among the St. Thomas Christians, Early Evidences” Festschrift in honor of Rev. DDR Jacob Kollaparambil”(ed.)George Karukaparambil (Bangalore 2009) .
9. “The Ecclesiological Awakening of Second Vatican Council and its Impact on Syro-Malabar Church” Star from the East (ed) Dr. Thomas Padiyath (Delhi 2013)