Fr. Dr. Joy Ainiyadan
Rector, St. Thomas Apostolic Seminary
Area of Specialization: Philosophy
Contact : +91 9605635943, firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.Ph. from Sacred Heart College, Poonamalle affiliated to Urban University, Rome (1984).
- B.A. (History) from Madras University (1984).
- B.Th. from Sacred Heart College, Poonamalle affiliated to Urban University, Rome (1989).
- Licentiate in Philosophy from Gregorian University, Rome (1996) – Title of thesis for Licentiate: The Nature and Worth of Justice in Plato’s Republic.
- Doctorate in Philosophy from Gregorian University, Rome (2000) - Title of Doctoral Dissertation: The Nature of the Open Society according to Karl Popper in His Opposition to Plato.
- Assistant Parish Priest - Kottekkavu, N. Paravoor (from April 1989 to January 1990)
- Parish Priest - Olivemout (from January 1990 to June 1992)
- Assistant Executive Director - Save A Family Plan, India (from June 1992 to October 1993)
- Parish Priest - Palarivattom (from October 1993 to June 1994)
- Parish Priest - Ambalamedu (from October 2000 to February 2001)
- Controller of Examinations at Paurastya Vidyāpīṭham from 10 March 2006 to 9 March 2009.
- Head of the Department of Philosophy from 2011-
- Teaching Introduction to Philosophy, Logic (Induction & Deduction), Medieval Philosophy, Epistemology and Theodicy at Paurastya Vidyāpīṭham. Taking elective subjects such as Philosophy of Democracy, A Critique of Karl Popper’s Theory of the Open Society and A Critique of Plato’s Political Philosophy.
- Teaching Introduction to Philosophy and Epistemology at St. Thomas Benedictine Abbey, Kappad.
- Political philosophy
- Philosophy of God
- Philosophy of knowledge