Fr. Dr. Martin Sankoorikal
Area of Specialization: Philosophy, Church History
Mobile: +91 9778025223 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B. A. Philosophy, Calicut University, (2000-2003)
- B.Th. - St Joseph's Pontifical Institute, Alwaye (2004-2007)
- M. A. in Philosophy, Higher Institute of Philosophy, KU Leuven, Belgium (2012)
- MPhil. (Philosophy, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, 2013)
- Masters in Theology – Faculty of Theology, KU Leuven, Belgium, 2019.
- Doctorate in Philosophy – KU Leuven, Belgium (2020)
- Professor of Philosophy at St. Thomas Apostolic Seminary, Kottayam and PVP
Pastoral and administrative assignments
- Assistant Parish Priest at St. George Basilica Angamaly (208-2010)
- Assistant Parish Priest at St. Thomas Forane Church, Kottackavu, N. Paravur. (2010-2011)
- Editor, Naveekaranathinde Adhyalmikatha (Spirituality of Renewal) (Aluva: Mathavum Chinthayum Publications, St.Joseph pontifical Seminary 2006.
- 2 Sankada Rathrikalile Deepakkazhchakal (collection of Bible and Social Dramas) Merit Books, Cochi, 2007.
- 3.Sabhacharithra Quiz (Church History quiz) Daiva Kripa Publications, Angamaly; 2 editions (2006&2010)
- Alter Christus (Reflections on Priestly Ministry) Media house publications, New Delhi & Calicut; 3 editions. 2009 &2011
- Samboorna Catechism (The Complete Catechism, A reference book for Catechism Teachers) Wisdom books Cochi; 2 editions 2010.
- Thamarayum Sooryanum (Lotus and the Sun, Bible Reflections) Grey Friars Publications, Aluva, 2011.
- Ecce Homo (Reflections on the humanity of Christ and Priests) Media House, Calicut, 2011.
Articles in Journals
- Charismatic Prasthanathinte Kuthippum Kithappum: Charithra Padangalude Arthandharasangal (A historical and theological analysis Catholic Charismatic Movement) in Mathavum Chinthayum 2005 (Philosophical-Theological Quarterly)
- Bahuswarathayude Avishkarangal (Polyphonic Expressions against a Unipolar World Order) in Mathavum Chinthayum (2005) (philosophical-Theological Quarterly)
- Bharathathile Chraistava Vidyabyasathinte Charithram (An analytical and historical study of Christian educational institutions in India) in Mathavum Chinthayum (2006) (philosophical-Theological Quarterly) Pontifical Institute of Philosophy and Theology, Alwaye, India.
- Sabha Pithakanmarude Samoohya Prabodhanangal (Social Teachings of Early Church Fathers) in Mathavum Chinthayum (2007) (Philosophical-Theological Quarterly) Pontifical Institute of Philosophy and Theology, Alwaye, India.
- Varthamanathinde Vyakulangal: Utharadhunikathakoru Chraistava Vimarsam (Critical analysis of Post Modernism from a Christian Perspective) in Jeevadhara 2009 Philosophical-Theological bimonthly.
- Angamali Kallarakaku Parayanulla Vimochana Samara Charithrangal (A political response to the leftist hisorians on the liberation struggle of 1957-1959) in Sathya Deepam weekly in 2009 June.
- Missionarymarezhuthiya Bharatheeya Suviseshangal (Contributions of Christian Missionaries in the nation building of India) in Sathya Deepam weekly 2011 January.
- Cardinal Newmante Sathyanveshana Pareekshanangal (Cardinal Newman's explorations for Truth) in Kudumba Jyothis monthly 2011 January
- “Kerala Navodhanathinulla Chraistava Sambavanakal” (“Christian Contribution for Kerala Enlightenment”,)
- “Political Hindutva: Vargeeya apaswarangalude Charithravum Varthamanavum” (A historical and critical account of Communalist orientations of Political Hindutva) in Sathya Deepam
- Post-Truth Era, in Jeevadhara
Articles in Books
- “Univocalizing Political Hindutva: A Threat to Indian Secularism”, in Narrating Secularisms: Being Between Identities in a Secularized World. Eds., William Desmond & Dennis Vanden Auweele (Washington DC: Council for Research in Values and Philosophy, 2017).