Prof. Pauli Maniyatt
Registrar, Paurastya Vidyapitham
Area of Specialization: Liturgy
Mobile: +91 947959808 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Licentiate, Oriental Sciences with specialization in Liturgy
- Doctorate, Oriental Liturgy
- Title of the Dissertation: Heaven on Earth: The Theology of Liturgical Space-time in East Syrian Qurbana
- Asst. Parish Priest, St. Joseph Forane Church Marika (1987-1988)
- Asst. Parish Priest, Mother of Mercy Church, Nakapuzha (1988-1989)
- Asst. Director, Catechetical Text Book Publication, Pastoral Orientation Centre, Kochi (1989-1990)
- Dean of Studies, St. Ephrem Theological College, Satna (1996-2006)
- Chief Editor, Ephrem Theological Journal, Satna (1997-2006)
- Board Member, Liturgical Research Centre, Mount St. Thomas, Kakkanad, Kochi (2008-2014)
- Secretary, Syro-Malabar Major Archiepiscopal Commission of Liturgy (2010-)
- Registrar, Paurastya Vidyapitham (2014-)
- Resident Professor, St. Ephrem’s Theological College, Satna, M.P. (1996-2006)
- Resident Professor, Paurastyavidyapitham, Vadavathoor (2008-
- Visiting Professor, Jnanadeepa Vidyapeeth, Pune (1998-
- Visiting Professor, Ruhalaya Major Seminary, Ujjain, M.P. (1997-2006)
- Visiting Professor, Sanathana Major Seminary, Thamarassery, Kozhikode. (2000-2010)
- Visiting Professor, Good Shepherd Major Seminary, Kunnoth, Thalassery (2006-2010)
- Visiting Professor, St. Mary’s Malankara Major Seminary, Trivandrum (2004)
Details regarding publications
- Heaven on Earth: Theology of Liturgical Spacetime in the East Syrian Qurbana, Mar Thoma Yogam, Rome 1995.
- Editor, Forgotten East by Bishop Mar Abraham Mattam, Ephrem’s Publications, Satna 2001.
- Editor, East Syriac Theology an Introduction, Satna 2007.
- Editor, Mathavum Sasthravum: Satthyathilekkulla Theerthadanangal (Malayalam), Articles on Science and Religion, Kottayam 2010.
- “Foreign Interventions in the Liturgical Traditions”, in P.Pallath, ed., Catholic Eastern Churches: Heritage and Identity, Mar Thoma Yogam, Rome, 1994, pp.177-211.
- “Feast of the Pure Gold”, Christian Orient, Vol. XVI, 1995, pp.64-73.
- “East Syrian Theology of Liturgical Spacetime”, Christian Orient, Vol. XVII (1996), pp.59-74.
- “Are the Eastern Theologies Museum Pieces?”, Ephrem’s Theological Journal, Vol. 1, 1997, pp. 2-4.
- “Sacred Space of the Eastern Liturgies”, in A.G.Kollamparampil, ed., Bride at the Feet of the Bridegroom, Changanacherry 1997, pp.215-241.
- “Music in Hindu Traditions of Worship and its Influence on Christian Liturgical Music in India”, Studia Liturgica Vol. XXVIII, No.1, 1998, pp. 46-73.
- “Theological Significance of the Space and Time of Worship”, in X. Koodapuzha, ed., Eastern Theological Reflections in India, Kottayam 1999, pp. 184-206.
- “Meaning of Mission and Proclamation in the East Syrian Qurbana: A Liturgical Theology of Mission”, Ephrem’s Theological Journal, Vol. 3, 1999, pp. 45-58.
- “The Theological Significance of the Cross in the East Syrian Liturgy”, in P.Kochappilly, ed., The Folly of the Cross: Festschrift in Honour of Prof. Dr. Varghese Pathikulangara, Bangalore 2000, pp. 87-102.
- “Celebration of the Cosmos in the East Syrian Liturgy”, Christian Orient, Vol. XVII, 2001, pp.76-90.
- “East Syrian Worship”, in Paul Bradshaw, ed., The New SCM Dictionary of Liturgy and Worship, SCM Press, London 2002, pp.159-160.
- “East Syriac Appellations of the Eucharistic Celebration: Motifs for a Paradigm Shift in the Theology of Eucharist”, Ephrem’s Theological Journal, Vol. 6, 2002, pp.142-161.
- “Structure and Theology of the Spiritual Preparation for the Quddasha in the East Syriac Qurbana”, Ephrem’s Theological Journal, Vol. 7, 2003, pp. 144-170.
- “Liturgy as Communication”, in J. Palakeel, ed., Towards A Communication Theology, ATC, Bangalore, 2003, pp.141-160.
- “Cult of Saints in the Hindu Tradition”, Ephrem’s Theological Journal, Vol. 9, 2005, pp. 174-188.
- “Eastern Theologies and Theological Formation (Editorial)” Ephrem’s Theological Journal Vol. 10, March 2006, No. 1, 3-5.
- “Funeral Rites of Syro-Malabar Church a Liturgico-theological Analysis”, Jnanadeepa Pune Journal of Religious Studies, Vol.9, No.2 (July 2006) pp.129-141.
- “The Eucharist in the East Syriac Tradition: Celebration of Man’s Consecration”, in K. Kunnumpuram, ed., The Eucharist and Life: Indian Christian Reflections on the Lord’s Supper, Mumbai 2007, 153-174.
- “Liturgical Spirituality”, in Aikyasameeksha, Malankara Major Seminary Publication, 2007.
- “Role of Sacred Space in the Liturgical Theology of the Thomas Christians of India”, in J.Puthuparampil, ed., Theologizing in the Malankara Catholic Church, Pune 2007, 193-215.
- “Sources of the Syro-Malabar Theology”, in M. Manakatt & J. Puthenveettil, eds., Syro-Malabar Theology in Context, Kottayam 2007, 92-119.
- “The Eucharist: A Mystery to be Lived”, in F. Kodiyan, ed., The Eucharist: An Antidote to Death Culture, Sanathana Publications, Thamarassery, 2007, 238-255.
- “Theological Significance of Uhdana and Dukhrana in the East Syrian Eucharistic Liturgy”, Bolletino della Badia Greca di Grottaferrata, Terza serie, Vol.5, 2008, 231-238.
- “Spirituality of the Raza in the Syro-Malabar Tradition”, Christian Orient 29.3 (Sept. 2008), 116-123.
- Book Review on P. Pallath, The Eucharistic Liturgy of the St. Thomas Christians and the Synod of Diamper, Kottayam 2008 in Christian Orient 29.4 (Dec. 2008), 183-184.
- “Syro-Malabar Qurbana Naveekarana Charitram”, Karunikan, Vol.5, No. 8 (Aug. 2008), 18-23. (Malayalam Article on the History of the Restoration of Syro-Malabar Liturgy)
- “Sleewayude Punyavathiyaya Alphonsamma”, in J. Kochuparampil, ed., Alphonsammayum Kristheeya Jeevithavisuddhiyum (Mal), Changanacherry, 2008, 44-54. ((Malayalam Article on St. Alphonsa)
- “Need of Syro-Malabar Lectionary”, in Karunikan, Vol.6, (2009). (Malayalam Article on Syro-Malabar Lectionary)
- “Theology of the Syro-Malabar Priesthood”, in P. Kannookadan, ed., The Ministry and Life of the Priests of the Syro-Malabar Church, LRC Publications, Kochi 2009, 64-89.
- “Roman Primacy according to the Fathers of the Church and the Ancient Syriac Liturgical Texts”, Christian Orient 30.4 (Dec. 2009), 155-179.
- “Nombukaalam”, in Divyavaani Vol.5, No2. Feb-May 2009, 5-6. (Malayalam Article on Great Lent)
- “Uyirppukaalam”, in Divyavaani Vol.5, No2. Feb-May 2009, 53-55. (Malayalam Article on the Season of Resurrection)
- “Dukhrana: Sabhaathithvathinte Aaghosham”, Kudumba Jyothis, July 2009, 14-17. (Malayalam Article on the Feast of St. Thomas)
- “Nombukaalavum Uyirppukaalavum: Pesaha Rahasyanubhavathinte Ujjvala Velakal”, Pratheekshayude Poomottukal, Prosanctity Publications, April 2009, 4-6. (Malayalam Article on the Liturgical Seasons of Great Lent and Resurrection)
- “Paurastya Suriyani Vivaham: Deivam Nirvahikkunna Onnakkittheerkkalinte Rahasyam”, in S. Kanniyakonil, Vivaham: Dharmmikadeivasastra Vichinthanangal (Mal), Kottayam 2010, 95-127. (Mlayalam Article on East Syrian Marriage).
- “Sacred Space”, in J. Puthenpurackal, ed., ACPI Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Vol.II, Bangalore 2010, 1208-1211.
- “Syro-Malabar Qurbana as the Celebration of Heaven on Earth”, in P.Kochappilly, et al. ed., The Way of Life: Festschrift in Honour of Prof. Dr. Varghese Pathikulangara, CMI, Kottayam 2011, 160-176.
- “Theology of Syro-Malabar Qurbana”, in A. Mekkattukunnel, ed., Mar Thoma Margam: The Ecclesial Heritage of the St. Thomas Christians, Kottayam 2012, pp.255-276.
- “Deivavachanavum Aaaraadhanakramavum”, in J. Mayyattil, ed., Dei Verbum muthal AVerbum Domini vare (Mal), Kerala Catholic Bible Society, Kochi 2012, 93-106. (Malayalam Article on the Relation between Bible and Liturgy).
- “Inculturation of the East Syrian Liturgy of Marriage by the St. Thomas Christians in India”, in Studies on the Liturgies of the Christian East: Selected Papers of the Third International Congress of the Society of Oriental Liturgy, Leuven – Paris – Walpole, Ma, 2013, 165-177.
- “Syriac Liturgies”, in Errol D’Lima , ed., A Concise Encyclopaedia of Christianity in QAIndia, Pune-Mumbai 2014, 748-752.
- “Eucharist in the Teachings of the Fathers of the Church”, Christian Orient, Vol. XXXV, No.2 (2014) 67-83.
- “Cosmogenesis Vivified by the Eucharist: Teilhardian Understanding of Cosmogenesis in the Light of the Syro-Malabar Eucharistic Theology” Christian Orient Vol. XXXVI, No. 2(2015) 74-92.