The course aims at introducing the historical and theological formation of “the Liturgy of the Hours”. It includes definition, terminology, relevance and the Eucharistic relation of the Liturgy of the Hours. The following themes are discussed in detail in this course: Origin and development of the Liturgy of the Hours. Constituent parts and Biblical background. Evolution of the East Syriac Liturgy of the Hours and the East Syriac Seasonal set up of the Liturgy of the Hours.
- Bradshaw PE. Daily Prayer in the Early Church (London. 1981).
- Macomber W.F.. “The Chaldean Lectionary System of the Cathedral Church of Kokhe”. Orientalia Christiana Periodica 33 (1967) 483- 516.
- Moolan J.. Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Praises) Syro Malabar Church. OIRSI (Kottayam. 2014).
- Pathikulangara V.. Divine Praises and Liturgical Year. Denha Services (Manganam. 2000).
- Podipara P. J.. R’ammude Reethu (Mannanam. 1958).
- Taft R.. The Liturgy of the Hours in the East and West (Minessota. 1985).