Teilhard de Chardin’s attempt to respond to the quest of modern humans is exposed in this course. Christianity and Science, especially the theory of evolution, thus come to an interplay in Teilhardian Weltanschauung and Spirituality. At the outset the predicament of modern humans is enunciated; then, various stages of Cosmogenesis, viz., geogenesis, biogenesis, anthropogenesis, socialization and point omega are discussed. Since the future of Cosmogenesis depends on the right vision and action of the humans, his vision of life (spirituality) is also analyzed in the context of the divine milieu.
- De Chardin, T., The Phenomenon of Man (1965)
- Chantraine S J G., “Evolution according to Teilhard de Chardin”, Biological Evolution: Facts and Theories: A Critical Appraisal 150 Years After “The Origin of Species’’, ed. by in G. Auletta, M. Leclerc, R.A. Martinez, G&B Press, Roma 2011, pp. 613-644.
- De Chardin, T. , The Appearance of Man (l965)
- De Chardin, T. , The Future of Man (l964)
- De Chardin, T. , Let Me Explain (l970)
- De Chardin, T., Man’s Place in Nature (l966)
- Maroky, P., Convergence (l981)
- Cuenot, C., Science and Faith in Teilhard de Chardin (l967)