The purpose of this course is to explore the Developments happened during the Renaissance period (Ca -1300 to Ca- 1700). The Course assist the students to critically understand the historical and political reasons which set fire to Renaissance Movement and the overall outcome of the movements. In this course generally we discuss about the history of global renaissance, the European renaissance, renaissance in Catholic Church and above all the Indian Renaissance and Renaissance Movements in Kerala.
- Prof Babu Thomas Puzhikunel, Navodhanam (Malayalam) (Renaissance) Vara Art Gallery, 2021
- P Baskaranunni, Keralam Irupatham Nuttandinte Arambhathil (Malayalam) (Kerala in the Beginning of 20th Century), Kerala Sahithya Academy, 1978
- Authur T. A, and C. I. Kinsfrod, The Crusades, New York 1895
- Barnes H.E, The History of Western Civilization, Harcourt, Brace -1935
- Will Durent, The Story of Philosophy, Washington Square press,1953
- Sanjeev Sanyal, Indian Renaissance, Penguin Book, 2015
- Lucas H.S. Renaissance and Reformation, Harper 1934