This course deals with the East Syrian concept of sacraments as ‘raze’; Sacraments are seen as the work of God. The first part of the study
on the marriage is on the East Syrian rite of marriage. The rites preceding the betrothal, the celebration of betrothal, the celebration of the wedding and the rites subsequent to the celebration of marriage are analyzed in this part. The second part deals with the specific elements in the Syro-Malabar Taksa of marriage. The course also gives a summary of the East Syrian theology of marriage
- Fahey. M. A.. “Sacraments in the Eastern Churches”, in P.E. Fink. ed.. The New Dictionary of Sacramental Worship. Minnesota 1990. 1123- 1130.
- Edakalathur, L.. The Theology of Marriage in the East Syrian Tradition. Rome 1994.
- Badger. G. R. The Nestorians and their Rituals. 2 vols.. London 1852.
- Kizhakkinte Suriyani Sabhayude Vivahakramam. Syriac and Malayalam. Trichur 1960.
- Maniyattu. R. “Paurastyasuriyani vivaham”. in S. Kannyakonil. ed.. Vivaham Dharmika Deivasastra Vichinthanangal. Mai.. Kottayam 2010.95-127.